Infrastructure Engineering Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Commercial - IT|
|Salary||See Job Description|
Do you have extensive hands-on IT experience?
Are you looking to extend your knowledge to further afield?
We have an opportunity that will see you joining the Barbados office of a digital multimedia service platform as Infrastructure Engineering Manager.
This role is a hands-on technical position which will see you responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation or organisations computer systems and application infrastructure.
You will be leading a team of system administrators, DBAs and developers who are responsible for the daily support and maintenance of technology infrastructures.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, highly reliable and fault-tolerant systems on AWS cloud and bare metal infrastructure
- Implement cost control strategies on the AWS infrastructure and hosted servers
- Advance threshold-based alerting and corresponding dashboards for critical platforms
- Lead system administration across AWS and bare metal platforms
- Migrate existing applications from bare metal to AWS cloud services when required
This position requires you to be educated to Degree level and have a minimum of 10 years' experience in a hands-on IT role. You must also have:
- 5 years' experience in Virtualization, Cloud & Compute infrastructure & Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years supporting cloud (AWS) IaaS services
- Previous experience working with dev-ops toolsets (Jira, GitHub, Jenkins.)
- Experience using SaltStack (or similar)
- Advanced Linus and Windows OS knowledge
- Strong scripting skills in Bash, Python or any equivalent scripting language
This role requires you to be a strong communicator with excellent leadership skills and a high attention to detail.
Should you hold the above knowledge and experience and are looking for a hands on challenge, please apply today!